Rss Feed
  1. How did you get the film?

    The producer saw my picture on Facebook and got in touch with me.

    Were you influenced by your father?

    Definitely. My love for films developed naturally. I’d see dad going to work.

    Did you train in acting?

    After college I took lessons with Mohit Sugnayak. For Teen Patti, I trained with Royston Abel, Ashley Lobo and Barry John and had script readings with Leena Yadav, the director.

    How was it meeting Amitabh Bachchan?

    I first met him as a little girl at his Holi party. It was only on the first day of the shoot that I properly met him. I was nervous. But he came across as humble and approachable.

    How was it acting with the Big B?

    I remember this one scene, he was so kind he asked me, “Shraddha, would you like to do this scene from the top so that you get into the mood?” I thought that was thoughtful.

    Tell us about your role?

    It’s a shy studious girl’s journey from a young girl to a woman.

    How is it to be part of this mega industry?

    It’s a tiny step. It feels great that something I wanted to do is really happening. I’m looking forward to my stay here.

    How do you view the competition today?

    The industry is evolving and conventions are being broken, especially in this film where three boys and a girl are being launched. Personally, I am a big fan of good cinema.

    How did your parents react to your debut?

    Dad was more excited than me. Mum was happy too. Today when they see the promos they’re very excited.

    How was it growing up with a film villain for a father?

    The kids would ask me if he was strict. And when they came home, they’d see how funny he is and couldn’t believe it.


    ***

    13 Feb 2010