Rss Feed
  1. "Coming from a family with a background in movies, I always aspired to be an actress. I started learning Kathak while still in school,and when I was in the ninth grade, I started doing theatre. I trained in acting and diction under Mohit Tugnait. Ambika Hinduja, the producer of Teen Patti, saw my photographs on Facebook. It was only after we met that she learnt that I’m Shakti Kapoor’s daughter."

    "I auditioned for the role and couldn’t have asked for a better debut, since the film features Mr Amitabh Bachchan and Sir Ben Kingsley. For Teen Patti, we did many workshops with Barry John and Ashley Lobo. That taught me a lot about the finer nuances of acting. The role offers scope to portray a range of emotions."

    "When you come from a film family, you can’t escape comparisons. Since I’m Padmini Kolhapure’s niece and Shakti Kapoor’s daughter, people will be waiting to see how good I am. If I can achieve even one iota of what my aunt achieved in her debut movie, it will be great. I want to do good work with notable filmmakers. I haven’t signed anything else yet. There are a couple of scripts waiting to be read. I’m waiting to see the response to Teen Patti before deciding anything."


    ***