Rss Feed
  1. The fair, pretty, soft-spoken, dreamy, light-eyed girl is all of 20, and she is the promising new Kapoor on the Bollywood block. Read on to find out more about Shraddha Kapoor and her role in Teen Patti.

    Her character, Aparna Khanna

    “My character is called Aparna Khanna, and she is one of the four students in Teen Patti. With wavy hair, spectacles and baggy clothes, Aparna looks like a pretty, intelligent girl hiding behind her spectacles. About her character, she says, “Aparna is very quiet except that she is head-over-heels in love with her best friend Sid (played by Siddharth Kher). She gets into the game just so she can be with him. The game helps her discovers different, previously unseen facets of her personality and her life changes forever.”


    Bagging 'Teen Patti'

    “Ambika (Hinduja, the producer) was looking for a girl to play Aparna. She saw my photos on Facebook and contacted my brother Siddharth, who she knew from school. I had to audition several times before I was selected, and I was grilled by the director, producer and casting director. I remember telling my father (Shakti Kapoor) that I was absolutely sure about doing this movie. I was thrilled that I had bagged it.”


    Born to Entertain

    “I have always wanted to get into the entertainment industry, since a very young age. Singing, dancing and acting is what I want to do. I have done theatre while growing up. I would also like to direct in the future. I am creatively inclined; be it art, writing, gardening or even Poi (a kind of juggling). I have grown up eating, reading and drinking films because of my father and aunt, so it all comes naturally to me.”


    -0-

    Source: Starboxoffice
    2 Feb 2010