Rss Feed
  1. Shraddha Kapoor is all set to make her Bollywood debut with Leena Yadav’s Teen Patti.

    Launch Vehicle
    I play the character of Aparna Khanna, a studious, reserved girl with a lot of determination. Her heart belongs to her best friend Sid but he doesn’t see her in the same light. Hence, she becomes a part of the Teen Patti gang, following her heart, ready to show herself in a new light to him. During the course of the game, she realises the power of greed and how it can make a person do bad things.

    First Audition
    Ambika Hinduja, our producer, saw a picture of me on Facebook and got in touch with my brother, who happens to be her school friend. I was given the opportunity to read the script and decide if I was open for an audition. I still remember how thrilled I was and could feel my dream moulding into reality when I finally knew I was doing the film.

    Stepping-Stone
    I come from a film background. My father and aunts are actors
    while my grand father’s cousin is Lata Mangeshkar. Growing up in such an environment, I developed a natural interest for the arts. When I was in school I used to be actively involved in our annual days and from the ninth grade onwards I was actively involved in theater and the fine arts. While preparing for Teen Patti, we (newcomers) trained with Royston Abel and Barry John for over four months along with numerous script readings and interactions with our director Leena Yadav and the rest of the cast. This surely made our focal point more narrow and it laid a solid groundwork before we started shooting.

    First Shot
    I remember the first day of shooting. It was on my birthday and we shot for the promo song. I was awestruck and overwhelmed by our surroundings, the hussle and bustle of the crew at work and of course, the entrance of Mr. Amitabh Bachchan himself. The first shot was of the six of us (prime cast) walking towards the camera and I will always cherish the fact that I was matching my steps with Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. Careful to put us all at ease, he instantly connected with all of us with his most humorous and jovial attitude. We shot for that scene at the Yash Raj
    Studios.


    Stumbling Block
    I would say blocks. Every moment while preparing and shooting for the film, I stumbled, picked myself up, absorbed, learned countless new things and did my best to incorporate it into my being. I was so intrigued with my character Aparna that I got completely involved with it. Aparna still fascinates me and there is a lot that I have taken from her and has now become a part of me.

    Lessons Learnt
    The whole experience was a journey of learning. A few that I can point out are patience, which is something I lacked before getting involved with Teen Patti and team work. Being a part of an ensemble cast and also working with numerous other actors and crew members made me feel humble and more empathetic to what others think and feel.

    Matinee Idol
    I look up to my dad Shakti Kapoor, my aunt Padmini Kolhapure, Amitabh Bachchan, Guru Dutt, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to name a few. Each one has a special trait of his/her own that inspires me to strive for excellence. If there was one role I would want to play, it would be the role of Waheeda Rehmanji in Pyaasa. There are so many good actors and directors out there but to name a few I would love to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Imtiaz Ali, Anurag Kashyap, Vishal Bhardwaj, Ashutosh Gowariker and Nagesh Kukunoor.

    Future Projects
    Currently, I am just involved with Teen Patti. I would like to do films that have social messages along with an entertainment value. I want to explore a wide variety of cinema and versatile roles.


    -0-

    Source: ScreenIndia
    28 Jan 2010